IN ANY ACCIDENT WITH A commercial TRUCK quick ACTION MAY BE NEEDED TO PRESERVE your EVIDENCE
Texas often leads the nation in fatal truck accidents.
justice - guaranteed.
We Are The Right Attorneys For Fast And Effective Help
How to Prove Truck Driver Negligence
Litigating a truck wreck can be an overwhelming and expensive prospect, which is why it is so important you hire a legal team experienced in these types of cases and who has successfully represented accident victims. The Meyerson Law Firm was established in 1995 and has represented thousands of truck accident victims throughout the last 25 years. Proving negligence requires gathering facts that show the following:
- The defendant owed a duty to the plaintiff.
- The defendant breached that duty by acting negligently or driving without safety in mind
- The defendant’s negligence caused harm to the plaintiff.
The truck driver is the most common party who can be held liable for a truck wreck. However, the following parties may also face charges following a large truck accident in Austin
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The owner of the cargo
- The local government or company responsible for maintaining or designing the highway
- The carrier company
- The vendor providing services to the carrier
Accidents involving large trucks are unfortunately common and can result in catastrophic injuries.
If you find yourself in an accident with a commercial vehicle or large truck, hiring the right attorney can mean the difference between frustration success. Many firms claim to be able to handle your case. However, The Meyerson Law Firm has over twenty years of experience handling catastrophic injury claims and vehicle accidents with commercial carriers. Our firm will quickly access the scene to take detailed photos, drone footage, and contact witnesses. We help with medical care and emergency expenses. And, with the aid of experts, we can create video re-enactments and 3D models to assist you in maximizing your recovery.
Time may be of the essence in preserving your case. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation.
Call For A Free Consultation
We don’t sleep until our clients have justice™
There are many reasons why truck accidents occur. Here are the most common causes of large truck wrecks, according to the FMCSA:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving, such as texting
- Failure to properly maintain the truck
- Reckless or unsafe lane changes
- Vehicle defects
- Unbalanced or improperly loaded trucks
- Driver fatigue
- Interruption in the flow of traffic
- Traveling too fast for the road conditions
- Unfamiliarity with the road or route
Any of the above can contribute to a serious truck accident that could leave you with injuries that require years of medical attention.