Button Battery from Vizio Remote Causes Severe Injury to Toddler

Last year a one year old in Austin, Texas accessed a coin shaped “button” battery from a Vizio stereo bar remote control and ingested it. The battery lodged in his esophagus and the electric current created a caustic agent that burned his throat tissue. This serious condition put him in the hospital for what is now months of operations, treatment and observation. The Meyerson Law Firm has filed suit in San Diego Federal Court alleging a dangerous design defect in the remote.

The Meyerson Law Firm urges everyone to look through their remotes and ensure that any which use button or coin shaped batteries are secured with child safe mechanisms. If you know of anyone whose child has been injured by a similar occurrence, please have them call The Meyerson Law Firm for a free consultation.

Leave a Comment